SOSP Work-in-Progress session talks will be selected in advance on
the basis of one-page ASCII talk abstracts. Paper or non-ASCII
submissions will not be accepted. Abstracts must be e-mailed to
by 5:00 PM EST Wednesday, October 3rd.
Talks will be selected on the following basis:
- Presentations must contain new, interesting work, not previously presented.
- Submissions should represent early work that is not yet ready for
submission to a refereed conference or journal.
- Student submissions meeting the above criteria will be explicitly
favored; however, submissions are not limited to just students.
Submissions should begin with the following information in this format:
- Title: (title of proposed presentation)
- Name: (your name)
- E-mail: (your e-mail address)
- Student: (are you a student? yes/no)
Following that you should provide a 1-3 paragraph abstract or summary
of your proposed talk. Your job in the abstract is to convince the
program committee that a good talk will ensue. The program committee
reserves the right to judge your submission based solely on the first
300 words of the abstract.
Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection via e-mail by
Monday, October 15. Presentations will be strictly limited to 4
minutes. Given this, your presentation should be focused on
communicating one novel idea well, rather than trying to present a
complete overview of your work.
Send any questions about the Work-in-Progress session to